Das Büro International Cooperation in Education – ice des DIPF I Leibniz-Institut für Bildungsforschung und Bildungsinformation lädt zu einem zweitägigen Academic Writing Workshop ein. Das Angebot richtet sich an Nachwuchswissenschaftler/-innen aus der Bildungsforschung.
This workshop is for researchers who wish to publish in English. The aim is to improve the style and structure of participants’ English academic papers. Participants are encouraged to bring along some of their own writing that will be the basis for peer review on day two of the course. Following the course, participants should send an abstract or other text to the instructor (by email) for individual feedback and coaching. The goal is that all participants have a well written abstract and/or introduction to a paper.
Suggested Themes and Overview
• The writing process
• Classic mistakes made in written academic English
• English punctuation
• The structure of an English paper, paragraph and sentence
• Differences between papers in German and those in English
• Specific vocabulary used in academic English
• Internet tools
• Writing abstracts and titles
• Journal analysis and what reviewers are looking for in a paper
• Reviewing one’s own work
• Learning from native speaker papers
• Introducing story telling into your paper
• Editing your own work