This presentation skills workshop is conducted completely online. The first session is an interactive, instructor-led session. The second session will comprise of small groups where participants can practice their online presentation skills.
This course is for doctoral candidates, postdocs and researchers who present at international conferences. Importantly, the course highlights ways to adapt a talk for an online format.
1. The workshop begins with a trainer - led session via Zoom, or platform of your choice, for 3 hours (e.g., from 9:30 to 12:30). Participants can enter the virtual classroom up to 15 minutes before the start of the class.
2. Following the initial training session, participants will create a presentation of 8 minutes. This talk will be given online and in a small group. Five minutes following the talk is allocated to a question-and-answer session and a further 5-10 minutes for feedback from the audience and the instructor.
• What makes a successful conference presentation?
• Structuring your presentation for maximum impact ( getting and retaining audience attention)
• Adapting your talk for an online conference
• Considerations when presenting to an international audience
• Voice and pronunciation considerations
• Non-verbal communication and how to project credibility and confidence
• Understanding and Controlling nervousness
• Handling the question-and-answer session
• Rehearsing and self-editing tips
• Everything will be conducted online, but there will be opportunity for discussion among the participants using the break-out room function in Zoom.
• As well as structured input from the trainer, there will be individual feedback and coaching.
• Participants will be provided with a handout, slides from the training and a comprehensive list of resources.
Referentin: Lesley-Anne Weiling (write-english.de)
Zusätzlich zu der angegebenen Veranstaltungszeit werden in Absprache mit den Teilnehmenden zwei weitere Termine vereinbart (in Zoom).
Verbindliche Anmeldung per E-Mail an Dr. Christian Spoden: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dieser Workshop ist Teil eines forschungsmethodischen Weiterbildungsangebotes des Deutschen Instituts für Erwachsenenbildung - Leibniz-Zentrum für Lebenslanges Lernen e. V. (DIE) im Rahmen des BMBF-Metavorhabens „Digitalisierung im Bildungsbereich“.